Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day!

You like that little magnolia blossom, don't you? Look how happy it is, even in today's cold weather.

Pepper and I think the best way to celebrate Earth Day is to plant something. Get down with our earthy selves and all that jazz. But seeing as it's freezing outside and any plants we buy today will be better off if planted this weekend,  we think we'll put it off  and just check out these cool reusable utensils instead:


So smart, right? You'll always have utensils with you and won't have to use plastic ware. If only they had a straw in the set...I'm forever looking for straws when there are none to be found.

Anyway, about a month ago I was driving home and noticed my neighbor was throwing a perfectly good bird bath podium away. The top had somehow broken and she decided to chuck the base. I thought, "Now that has potential!" and proceeded to shove it into the back of my car.

And potential it had:


My strawberries will be so happy up there! I'm just hoping the birds won't try to take revenge by eating all my berries...you know how they love their bird baths. But really,  I'm doing them a favor. This way they won't end up as my cat's dinner.

I also got a great deal on some pots and decided to try my hand at growing cherry tomatoes and some onions. Baby Girl was very helpful with the watering can.


I just love a good green family project. So what are you doing to celebrate Earth Day?

Waiting for the sun,


No comments: