Monday, March 5, 2012

Spring Organizing!

Does this time of year come around and you have so many things on your list?  You know, the list that you end up spending all year trying to cross at least a few things off of?

Last year we bought these awesomely HUGE cabinets.  They are, believe it or not, from IKEA.   The Pax system is versatile, not bad to look at with many color and door options, and we added the hardware ourselves to spice up the look.  Most importantly they are GIANT, so a person can store a ton of things inside.  I learned quick that bigger isn't always better if you aren't organized.  Soon enough, we couldn't find anything inside, and it was more like a giant junk wall.


So, in the midst of my start of spring cleaning, I found myself distracted one day organizing these monstrous closets of stuff.  Mostly kid and craft stuff.  Since I have 3 kids and a craft blog, you can only imagine...
it was a lot of stuff.

This single cabinet below holds ALL of our puzzles, kids games, coloring books, school folders, play dough, stamps, markers, crayons, and stickers.

 

Take a look inside!


I discovered yet another lovely use for my ever growing love of vinyl.
Cut it up, write on it, and stick it where I need things to stay...

Now my kids can be organized too!  All they have to do is read the vinyl, and make sure to put things back where they belong.  I know, easier said than done, but it will be easier to keep it clean this way!
  

Happy Organizing!  Cheers, 



P.S. The winning project from the "What's Your Pinterest" post will be the DIY boxpring - no bed skirt required!  Look for that soon. :)

1 comment:

Carla L. said...

What great ideas! PLEASE come organize my house!